Taiwan Trip 2012- Arrival at Sun Moon Lake (日月潭)& Harbor Resort Hotel (碼頭休閒大飯店)

DSC07731
Sun Moon Lake


Sorry for the long hiatus. Was getting really really busy with my final exams. Anyway a short update for my Taiwan trip. =D

*******
DSC07723

The bus from Taichung HSR took about 1 hour and 45 minutes to reach Sun Moon Lake and dropped me off at the Shuishe Visitor Centre. Fortunately the weather here is so much cooler than Taipei and the gentle breeze made it even better.

DSC07999
Shuishe Visitor Centre 水社遊客中心


I took a map of Sun Moon Lake from the centre before proceeding to check in my hotel, Harbour Resort Hotel. The reason why I chose this hotel is because it looked really close to the lake on Google map but it didnt actually make a big difference as all the other B&B and hotels slightly further away (& cheaper) were also within walking distance. Furthermore my room (which cost abour RM220 per night) was not facing the lake due to a discount from Agoda so it didn't really make a difference.

DSC07725

DSC07727

DSC07728

Since the check in time was 12pm,  I left my stuff at the counter and left. When I came back at night I was greeted by a surprise as they gave me a really huge room which can fit 4 people!  For the price I am paying it was really really worth, but too bad I was all alone :( Other facilities of the room include a TV and a fridge.

DSC07972

DSC07973
Bathroom was rather decent too


DSC07991
View outside my room

DSC07993
8th floor!

One downside of this hotel is that they do not provide any Wi-fi in the room. I had to camp at the lobby during the night to surf the net. The breakfast they served during the morning was normal and not exactly appetising but not much complaints there.

DSC07995
Breakfast by the lake

After settling my luggages I then began my adventure of exploring this majestic lake! :D

Comments