Taiwan Trip 2012 - Bamboo Garden & Wen Wu Temple (文武廟) (Sun Moon Lake)

The area around Shui She Pier is actually well catered for tourists with restaurants and all the accommodation nearby and you really don't have to wonder far to grab a bite or buy some souvenirs. Technically the nearer your accommodation is to the lake, the more expensive it is. Besides being able to wake up to the beautiful view of the lake, I really can't justify the extra cost involved. Maybe it's just me. =3 Anyway, back to my cycling adventure!

DSC07728


I started my journey eastwards, following the guidance of my map. From the pier my first stop was the Bamboo Garden after some 5-10 minutes of cycling. There's nothing much here apart from bamboo trees and I moved on after leaving my mark. Though the scenery along the way was really nice!

DSC07737
Shrubs on water everywhere

DSC07740
Bamboo garden

DSC07742

The next destination was Wen Wu Temple (文武廟) and there are more uphills at this point but its still manageable on a bicycle with extra effort needed. This temple is one of the most famous attraction on this and I can see why. 

DSC07747
More shrubs

DSC07752

The architecture of this temple is really great with full of Chinese cultural influences. No surprises there.

DSC07753

DSC07754
View atop of the temple

DSC07755
Wishing bells

DSC07761
The dragon and the pearl

DSC07764

DSC07766
More bells

DSC07769
Impressive decorations

DSC07771
My mandatory ceiling shot :D

DSC07770
Wen Wu Deity i guess....

DSC07773

Another highlight of the day was I poured half of a cup of mango juice into my backpack. Fortunately my camera was not in it but I wasted a good 15 minutes trying to clean up my stuff and mango fibres are not exactly easy to remove :( Also met Eric from IPSF here. It's amazing how fate/karma/whatever you call it connect each other.

DSC07778

DSC07780
Phobia of mango juice now -_-
Next: Peacock garden & Cable Car
Previous: Cycling around Sun Moon Lake

Comments