Hong Kong Trip 2012 - Harbour City & Silvercord Shopping Mall, Tsim Sha Tsui

As the ferry embarks at the China Ferry Terminal, my one day tour of Hong Kong begins. The 1.5 hour aboard the ferry wasn't a pleasant one as the bad weather made the journey really rough and I was almost having sea sick. Anyway the weather was unkind as well as it was drizzling none stop when I arrived. 

DSC02076

After getting my refund I then proceeded to Harbour City (中港城) which was just a stone's throw away after getting directions from a receptionist. My Cantonese passed! Harbour City is basically rows and rows of high end shopping brands which does not really interest me. My main aim at this area was to visit the H & M shop at Silvercord for some shopping and that's about it.

DSC02077

DSC02079

DSC02081

DSC02083

Hong Kong itself is really quite a busy city and everybody seems rushing around. It's hard to see any locals taking a stroll on the streets. Then again, it was during working hours when I was around. The buildings are all very well constructed and most of them are linked with each other, which makes life easier for visitors as they don't have to exit the mall to get to another mall. Size wise, everything is very compacted compared to the likes of One Utama or Sunway Pyramid. Personally I don't really enjoy shopping under such cramped conditions. Maybe I'm just used to the big open spaces in Malaysia's own shopping malls. :/ Nevertheless, shopping in Hong Kong is still a tad cheaper due to its duty free status compared to the Malaysia and that's probably why many flock here for this sole reason.

DSC02082

DSC02084

DSC02087

DSC02086

DSC02100

DSC02101

DSC02102

DSC02088
Spent HK$297 on long sleeve shirts


On a side note, free Wi-Fi is available everywhere in Hong Kong! Even on their public phones! But the problem is that you have to register your Malaysian number with the telco company which I couldn't figured out how. It's quite frustrating at times when you need to use the internet. Why can't just setup a simple broadband and provide WiFi password to customers? :/

Next: Heritage 1881 Square
Previous: Jiuzhou Port

Comments