Hong Kong Trip 2012 - Journey UP the Peak

I mentioned in my earlier posts that I regretted lazing around McCafe before deciding to head over to the Peak, and this is why:

DSC02285

DSC02287

I got a real shock when I saw the amazingly long queue. I have completely forgotten to take into account that this place is one of the most popular tourist attraction of Hong Kong (besides Disney Land) and there is bound to have a huge crowd. I was contemplating whether to wait for the tram as I have to meet my friend by 7.30pm and it was already 5.00pm. There are other options up the Peak, namely by taxi and bus but I've decided to wait anyway since I am already here. 

DSC02288

My tickets for the Peak tram costed HK$65 which does not include the wax museum tour. I didn't have the budget for it nor did I have the time so I skipped it. As time went on, the queue behind me just got more and more longer. @_@

DSC02290
Impossibly long crowd

And after a good one hour wait, my ride has finally arrived!

DSC02291

DSC02297

This ride up the slope reminds me of how Penang Hill used to be many many years ago before the new tram system was built. Seeing the whole Hong Kong bit by bit as the tram slowly climbed up the hill was really fascinating.

DSC02299

After a good 15 minutes I've finally reached the station atop of the Peak! Not wanting to waste my time, I immediately raced up the many floors to reach the observation deck as soon as possible before the sun set. I really didn't expect that I had to climb so many flights of stairs to reach the top. Quite a good exercise.

DSC02302
So many floors to climb

DSC02303


DSC02306

On a side note, the weather on the highest peak at Hong Kong was really really cooling! I think it was have been about 15 degrees Celcius as I can feel my hands feeling numb when I tried to take some pictures. I must be the only one in polo-T, fully enjoying the coldness while everybody else was wearing jackets to keep themselves warm. xD The only place this cold back in Malaysia was probably Genting Highlands hence I really appreciated every moment of the cold.

DSC02309
Houses of extremely rich people

As the skies begin to darken, I await for the golden moment.....

Comments