Taiwan Trip 2015 (台灣30天環島記) - The end of my 30 day backpacking journey

It has been more than 2 years since I've backpacked around Taiwan and life has really caught up upon me to blog regularly. I guess it's appropriate to end this series properly before I move on to a next travel/food post. Looking back over the past 2 years, I've certainly learnt and grown a lot from this trip. Especially now when I am working relatively far away from home, from family and friends. I am definitely more accustomed to living and doing things alone and not getting too depressed out of it lol. I have also learned to appreciate Malaysia more as a whole after seeing experiencing life first hand at a very modern country for a month. Nevertheless it's time to get back to the topic on hand.

DSC01876
Comfy HSR ride

Upon checking out from my hostel, it is time to bid this lovely country good bye. In order to save time I decided to use the HSR to get to the airport. I boarded the MRT towards Taipei Main Station and then headed towards Taoyuan HSR station. From there it was a 10 minute bus ride to Taoyuan International Airport. For NTD 160 it is not that expensive to expensive to experience a short high speed rail ride. Even the express bus cost around NTD 100 and it takes more than 1 hour from Taipei city to the airport,

DSC01880

As soon I arrived, I headed to the Malaysia Airlines counter to check in my luggage. I am still amazed that these 2 luggages could last me 30 days on a winter trip. I guess a trip without shopping really does make a difference. 

DSC01881

Went to grab a quick lunch box at the airport's food court. Last taste of Taiwanese food and pearl milk tea haha. 

DSC01878

DSC01879

DSC01885
Not that great =/
Since I had some extra cash left, I decided to buy some souvenirs back home. Fun fact: it is actually slightly cheaper to buy biscuits and duty free items before you enter pass immigration. I bought some Yam biscuits which cost roughly NTD20 - 50 cheaper and a bottle of Glenffidich Single Malt 18 years. Since you are not allowed to carry any fluids before passing through the immigration, the shop will provide you a receipt in which you can claim your drinks while inside the departure hall (there is another similar shop). Having said that, it is an added hassle to carry all these extra stuff before you clear immigration and some airlines such as Air Asia may count them as extra luggage and deny you to carry on the plane.

DSC01883

DSC01886


DSC01887
Airplane food

With that, I boarded my flight back to Kuala Lumpur and looking forward to celebrate Chinese New Year and being reunited with my family.

Previous: Day 29: Taipei 台北 (Coffee Alley @ ATT 4 Fun 咖啡弄, Lava Club)  

Summary: 30 days Backpacking around Taiwan 


Comments