Taiwan Trip 2012 - Formosa Aboriginal Village ( 九族文化村) & One Piece Theme park @ Sun Moon Lake

The 10-15 minute cable car ride brings you here, the Formosa Aboriginal Village.

DSC07832

DSC07836

I didn't do much visiting around here as my attention was caught by another cable car entrance leading to another place. Little did I know that it was a theme park at the other end. I couldn't forget the look the ticket seller lady gave me when I told her I wanted to enter even when she repeatedly told me that the cable car closes at 4pm (it was around 2.50pm when I was there). Anyway, she must be pretty amused and charged me children's price instead for the entrance ticket LOL (330NTD), normal price would be around double of that amount.

DSC07854
The cultural village. Performances by the aborigines can be watched here at different timeslots .

DSC07841

DSC07842

The theme park has One Piece theme all over it. This explains the abundance of the anime's poster & banting all over the cable car station. It seems like this anime is a really big hit in Taiwan that they even build a whole theme park based on the anime's characters.

DSC07864

After fully comprehending the whole situation I decided to attempt as many rides as I could under one hour. And I made a dash for the space shot first.

DSC07840

DSC07838

DSC07837

To be honest I feel Genting's space shot is better as this ride only bounces once after it ascends to maximum height and drops. My next ride was the corkscrews roller coaster or the Mayan Adventure in this context. This was when things started to go wrong when there's too much adrenaline rushing to your brain. Prior to the ride, I kept my camera into the locker. However, after the ride which was really intense, a lot of tight curves and corkscrews and loops which my head gone spinning for awhile, I mixed up the locker key and my bicycle lock key. I was frantically running all over the theme park looking for help to open my locker and to only realise I used to wrong key -_____- this wasted a lot of my energy and time and I had to settle for only 2 rides before leaving this place :/

DSC07843

DSC07846
One Piece everywhere
DSC07850


After all that frantic running I even dropped my return cable car ticket. Luckily the guy manning the ticket booth allowed me to pass through without reproducing a ticket.  @_@  I will definitely be back here the next time. There are many more attractions that I've yet to try and it looks like fun. But having said that, I doubt there will be special discounted price for me anymore =P

DSC07857
The light through the clouds


Next: Passing by Ita Thao and Xuan Guang Temple
Previous:  Peacock garden & cable car




Comments