Taiwan Trip 2012 - Sun Moon Lake Miscellaneous

DSC07968
Lonely boat

As I mentioned earlier in this post, the last boat left and everything was closed when I arrived at the pier around 6pm (or maybe I was at the wrong pier to begin with).

DSC07967

DSC07965


As you can see, from the location that I was, I had to cycle a great deal of distance to get back to my hotel (red arrow). I thought it would be relatively straight forward but boy I was wrong as it was another long and gruesome journey back. Anyway I finally arrived at my hotel area at around 8p.m and the first thing I did was to return my bicycle back to the shop owner to get my deposit and passport back. Unfortunately the shop was already closed so I handed it back to the tea shop next it (same owner).

DSC07971

The owner was really nice and offered to try the various Chinese teas on offer, mainly Red Tea (紅茶) and Oolong Tea (烏龍茶). I really liked the Li Shan Tea (梨山茶), which is a type of high mountain Oolong. The price on offer was NTD800 but I told her I was a student and I got it for NTD500 instead. On top of that she also gave me a free bottle of Red tea. It was a really nice and warm experience after almost getting lost in a foreign land. For that I highly recommend her tea shop if you happen to stop by at Sun Moon Lake.

DSC07988


Upon settling my bike I then headed back to my hotel room and enjoyed the comfort of my bed for a moment before I had a shower and headed downstairs to hunt for dinner. As I didn't do much research about the food here so I randomly went into a restaurant for dinner, did some souvenir shopping, chilled by the lake, which brings my last night at Taiwan to an end.

DSC07978
Dumpling noodles. Not really recommended. NTD70

DSC07979
Plum wine, haven't tried it yet as of today 500NTD

DSC07980
My first Starbucks at Taiwan

DSC07976
Performance. The girl had a really sweet voice!

DSC07998
Taro green milk tea. A MUST try. One of the best drinks I've tasted so far in Taiwan. NTD70

After being so exhausted for the day, I've cancelled all my plans for my last day in Taiwan (actually planned to head to Puli to see the wine brewery) and took my time to enjoy the last moments at Sun Moon Lake before departing back to Taichung High Speed Rail station to board the train to Taoyuan HSR station.

Comments