Taiwan Trip 2012 - Taoyuan International Airport

This post finally brings an end to my Taiwan series. It has been a good four months since I came back and I still miss the place once in awhile. This airport had undergone an impressive upgrade since the last time I've been here about 7-8 years ago. Almost couldn't recognise this place when I first touched down.

DSC08024

Anyway, from Taoyuan High Speed Rail station (ticket from Taichung HSR to Taoyuan costed NTD550) I boarded a public bus which took me to the airport. There are two terminals now after the new terminal completion in 2000 so be sure to take the bus to the right one! The bus fare was relatively cheap but be sure to prepare some small change for this final trip. There isn't much luggage space on the bus so its pretty cramped up with other passengers. Anyway there's always the more luxurious option ---> taxi.

DSC03680
Arrival hall

DSC03681
Busy busy crowd 
Since I cancelled my Puli trip I had a lot of time to burn at the airport hence I did some shopping around and visited most of the stores here.

DSC08025
Taiwan Map

DSC08029
Got an SD card from this shop. A bit over priced though. =/

DSC08026
High end shops everywhere

DSC08028
Free iPad and tabs for visitors to use

DSC08031
Some magazines from the book store

DSC08033


DSC08037
Final picture of Taiwan as the plane departed for Malaysian skies.

Looking forward to the next time when I am back at this place again. Will cover mostly the southern and middle region the next time as well as a few spots which I missed out at Taipei!

Previous: Sun Moon Lake Miscellaneous

Comments

Anonymous said…
feeling enjoy to read your story in taiwan :)