Japan Trip 2013 - Kansai International Airport

Finally after one year of blogging, my postings about Japan has finally come to an end. It has been a real busy year indeed.

Anyway, so taking our last bath at Japan at Hokoso Guesthouse, we then took the train from Tennoji Station to Kansai International Airport. It was an interesting train ride to say the least as we had to get down from our carriages halfway to enter the carriages which are in front as the front was to be separated into 2. 

DSC08004

Upon arrival, we then headed to fare adjustment machines to take back whatever money that was left in our PASMO cards. After that it's the usual check in and stuff. However my hand carry backpack was overweight despite me trying to explain to them that most of the weight comes from laptop. Without a choice I had to frantically repack all my stuff with a long queue staring at me while i remove my laptop and camera to check in an almost empty backpack. As a reminder it's best to always check in together with a friend so that you can tumpang their extra luggage space or throw your stuff to them to share their hand carry luggage load.

DSC08007

DSC08008

Upon settling all the administrative stuff we then went to look for a restaurant for dinner. I also took the opportunity to drop off my Wi-Fi dongle at the post box in the airport. I must say the 3G services was superb over the past 11 days that I had been using it. As expected, most shops were already closed past 9pm. Same like Incheon Airport. Zzzz. Hence we had no choice but to settle for Mc Donald's for dinner. 

DSC08011


Fortunately Starbucks was also opened. And they had this new flavour which was not available in Malaysia (until a few months ago) which was the Strawberry Cheesecake. From the pictures it looks really interesting and tasty but taste wise was reaaaally poor and bland. Kinda regret splurging ¥750 on this. One of the most expensive Starbucks drink that I have ever tried. 

Starbucks Strawberry Cheesecake Frappucino

All the eating and shopping for Kit-Kat souvenirs made us lost track of time. By time we noticed, we have only 20 minutes left for boarding! And we are not even past the immigration! Frantically, we rushed towards the departure gate. To our horror there was a long queue requiring us to scan our hand carry luggages ONE BY ONE (or was it two by two) before we are allowed clearance to move on to immigration. In the chaos I left behind my whole box of strawberry flavoured Kit-Kat. SIGH.

Another heart attack moment awaited us when we reached the immigration as there were long queues for all counters. One of my friend tried to cut queues and asked me along but I didn't agree with her as it was entirely our fault and I was prepared to face the consequences lol. So she cleared off first and darted away while most of us were still queuing. By now it was already time to board the plane and still we are stuck here.

That was not the end, to get to the departure gates, we still had to take another shuttle train. LOL i was definitely gonna miss my flight back home. Since I cleared immigration first, I then left while most of my friends were still behind. The guilt was starting to build up but it was either my flight home or spending another RM1,000 buying a new flight waiting for my friends. =/ 

To my amusement, our flight was actually delayed. Everybody was already queuing up to enter the plane but the gate was still gates. Hooray for Air-Asia! I've never felt so relieved but ultimately I had no idea how long will the flight be delayed at that time (didn't check the board). Fortunately, it was delayed enough for everybody to board the plane back to Malaysia. From then onwards I was very early to arrive at airports and enter the departure hall.

What a way to end my Japan trip.

Comments