Taiwan Trip 2012 - National Palace Museum (台灣故宮)

The National Palace Museum was one of the places that the organisers of the APPS 2012 brought us too. Since I got to this place by bus, I am sorry to say I have no idea how to get here but I am sure it will be quite accessible as well. =P

DSC04699

Things have pretty much changed in this museum since the last time I visited this place many many years ago. For starters, no more cameras are allowed in the museum :( So i can only take pictures outside of the museum. The exhibits are now more organised, with different floors and sections catered for different antiques. The highlight of the exhibits which is the White Cabbage and the Fatty Meat is now housed in a separate section. Limited people are only allowed to go in for a 5-10 minutes time frame and then you are asked to leave. This is a good idea IMO as for the last time I went, the crowd surrounding the ornaments were huge. You couldnt even get a proper glimpse of it. Good move Taiwan.

DSC04700

DSC04704

DSC04710

DSC04703
Any the garden after my name still exists ;)

Previous: Shen Keng Road

Comments