Taiwan Trip 2012 - Qi Xing Tan Beach (七星潭海滩)

At around 3.00pm we left Taroko Gorge and headed to the Qi Xing Tan beach! I almost wanted to cycle here from Nanbin garden but common sense prevented me to do so. Hence I was really glad when I came to know that my tour package includes a trip to this famous beach!

DSC07607

DSC07643

Situated nearby the Hua Lien airport, the sights and sounds of jet planes roaring past this area is the norm here. The weather on that day was very hot as usual, but this contributed the skies to be crystal clear and blue. The tour guide was mentioning about how the beach got its name but I was too tired to pay attention :/

DSC07602
I'm pretty sure these rocks meant something

DSC07603

DSC07604

DSC07605
Blue blue sky

Instead of the usual stretch of sand that is commonly found on beaches, pebbles and rocks are what that fills this beach. This makes walking a little bit tricky as your foot tend to sink into the rocks.

DSC07614

DSC07611

DSC07613

DSC07616

The waters here are exceptionally clean and clear, which is why many tourists come here to have a good chill and to avoid the scorching summer sun. Adding on to that, this beach is also very famous for whales and dolphin sightings and the clean waters certainly contributed to that!! I will definitely come back to this beach for whale watching in the future (though I must say it is not really cheap for that activity ._.). 

DSC07621
Water splashing

DSC07625
Beachgoers everywhere

DSC07633

DSC07630
Crystal clear waters

DSC07640


Comments

Alex Chua said…
Can you provide me your tour guide contact and how much they charge?
ZS said…
Hi Alex,

My tour guide was arranged by my hostel. Alternatively you can follow a tour which can be arranged at the tourism centre at the Hua Lien train station. My trip was about RM1oo which included the taroko gorge tour.
Anonymous said…
Hi, is there any bicycle rental booth at Qi Xing Tan Beach? Thanks.