Taiwan Trip 2012 - HuaLien 11 Hostel

After hanging around for about 1 week in Taipei, I left for Hua Lien (花莲) which is situated in the Eastern Coast of Taiwan. Since I didn't buy my tickets earlier, I could only get tickets for the normal Tzi Qiang (自强 ) Express train which took me 3 hours to reach my destination. If I took the Taroko Express it would only take me 2 hours!

Taking the train was indeed a new experience for me compared to taking the bus for travelling. At every stops there will be bound to have passengers who did not buy tickets with seats and they will be hanging around your place to wait for one. It can be really annoying when these passengers start to chat away. Having a good pair of ear phones always help!

DSC07273
Train ticket

DSC07276
My train

DSC07277
The new Taroko Express which sells like hot cakes!

DSC07274
Can't remember where was this taken. I know it's somewhere between Yilan and Hua Lien.


When I reached Hua Lien station, the owner of the hostel (Hua Lien 11) that I am staying for the night, Lisa, came to the train station to pick me up. 

DSC07341

DSC07279

DSC07340

The hostel is only a 5-7 minutes drive away from the train station and I was very lucky to have chosen this place for my stay at Hua Lien and I certainly recommend this place highly. You can book the accommodation at Hostel World (click me)

So why do I like this place so much? Firstly its the rooms! They are really big (for the price I'm paying (1000NTD) , and compared to that Leopard Garden) and each of the rooms are decorated with different themes. It's really a good place for couples but sadly I was all alone LOL. I got a Lavender theme.....?

DSC07280

DSC07281
There's a lot of space to move around.

DSC07320

DSC07321

DSC07323

DSC07327
Toilet is very clean and spacious too!

View outside the room. Reminds me of Langkawi. Buildings against the mountainous landscape. 

DSC07333

DSC07334

DSC07335

DSC07337
Had to climb 3 floors to my room though @@

DSC07338
This hostel also provides laundry services for your to wash your clothes and stuff.

However, what impressed me most was not the accommodation but the services that Lisa provided. Besides picking me up and sending me back to the train station when I was leaving, she also helped me arranged my tour to visit the Taroko Gorge. She also generously borrowed me her bicycle to cycle around Hua Lien city at night to visit the various night markets.A very big thank you to Lisa! My stay in Hua Lien was the least stressful one as I don't have to worry about anything at all! =P




Comments