Taiwan Trip 2012 - Shih Lin Night Market (士林夜市)

From Taipei 101, I then took a bus to City Hall MRT station and then switched lines to Jian Tan MRT station to head for the famous Shih Lin Night Market!

DSC05388
Jian Tan MRT station

It was quite a bad idea coming on a Saturday as it was really, really packed!

DSC05390

DSC05421

I think this place needs no introduction. This is the place to be if you are looking for shopping and finding nice food! Though I must say the prices here aren't exactly very cheap though.

DSC05393
Look at the crowd!

DSC05400

DSC05398

DSC05427
For NTD100 you get to shoot balloons to release stress/train your aiming. I skipped these stalls though. 


The place here is huge and I've given up to complete the whole course and headed for the underground food court to refill my stomach instead.

DSC05402

DSC05403

After circling the area for one round, I decided to settle on the Teppanyaki stall. I ordered a Chicken & Salmon teppanyaki set which costs NTD250. The taste is good and it is rather new experience of eating teppanyaki as the food is placed on the griller all the time to keep it warm.

DSC05408

DSC05409

DSC05411

DSC05413
Chicken & Salmon(not in picture) Teppanyaki Set with black pepper sauce. NTD250

Another unique food that I tried, on special recommendation from my friend, was the Popiah Ice Cream! This dessert is basically 3 scoops of ice cream wrapped with a popiah skin and is topped by grounded peanuts. MUST TRY! NTD40 :D

DSC05417

DSC05419

Since I was travelling alone my stomach was rather limited to try everything here :( I WILL BE BACK :D


Comments