I-City 2012

The last time I went to I-City at Shah Alam was 2 years ago in 2010. I returned again to bring a Korean friend for a visit. Boy it was rather shocking that most of the shops are closed down and the place is rather deserted. I guess this place only thrives during festive seasons and it's impossible to maintain the crowd volume. Nevertheless the parking fees still remain at an exorbitant RM10 per entry. -.-

DSC03497

The only thing different now is that there are different amusement park rides located across the whole park for the visitors to enjoy the beautiful LED lights in different environments.

DSC03499
Ferris wheel

Oh they have sunflower trees now too.

DSC03517

DSC03506

Shooting in real low light with the a77 made me even more impressed with the OLED Electronic Viewfinder and the Live view function. I could see my exposure in real time while adjusting the settings and wouldn't need to waste time to guess the perfect settings for the shot. Peaking also works very well under these conditions.

I also realised this place is the perfect avenue to test how your lens renders out of focus areas, especially the bokeh balls. Are they perfect round balls? Cat eyed? Hexagonal? Heptagonal? Pentagonal? Swirly? Creamy? You get the idea.

DSC03520
Colorful bokeh balls

DSC03524
White bokeh balls

DSC03525

The dessert shop here is also closed down. So I had no choice but to head over to a nearby office area for Tutti Frutti! This is actually my first time trying this dessert and I am certainly impressed! The price however, is a major drawback ._.

DSC03531


Counting down to my Taiwan trip! :D

Comments