Japan Trip 2013 - Ameyoko, Ueno

Our next stop of the day was the famous Ameyoko Market which was located just a stone's throw away from the Ueno Park. Unfortunately when we got there, almost all the shops are still closed at 9 in the morning. This was a gross miscalculation and mis-planning on my part. :/ I really have to get rid of the mindset that shops opens early and closes late. A scene which you could only find back in Malaysia whereby most shops (well at least the ones I frequent) are already up and running by 9 in the morning, at least and doesn't close at 9 pm.

DSC05459


DSC05458


DSC05472
7-11 drink arrangements

DSC05481

DSC05461
Empty streets

DSC05478
Seems like slot machines are the craze in Tokyo

Basically we just walked about the empty streets until 10am when the shops were finally opened. This is a typical market which sells a lot of stuff at decent prices (not so decent after conversion to ringgit though). I've tried finding a souvenir shop which was recommended by a forum to no avail. 

DSC05488

DSC05486

DSC05487

DSC05463
Didn't dare to enter this store ._.

DSC05482

The best thing that I got from this market was peaches! They were the most delicious peaches I've ever tasted in my life but I think you could only get it during the summer season. You would know that you've gotten a decent peach if the skin can be easily peeled off by your band hands and finger nails. The fruit just oozes out its juice each time you sink your teeth in it and the fragrance of the peach just fills your nose every time you bring the fruit close to your mouth. And most importantly it's cheap! From the stall that I bought it was only  ¥1000 for 8 fruits! Not all peaces are decent though, I've bought another bag nearby Asakusa and it was pretty poor. All depends on your luck I guess.

DSC05485

DSC05460

DSC05475
Interesting JAV to end the post

Once again due to my our really tight schedule, we couldn't stay longer here to explore more of the shops which was a real pity.  This place will definitely warrant me to return in the future.

Previous: Ueno Park

Comments