Japan Trip 2013- Bullet Train Boarding @ Shinagawa Station

It's time to say goodbye to Tokyo as we made our way from Asakusabashi to Shinagawa Station, which seems like the central place to board the extremely fast bullet trains to move around Japan. Needless to say, with great speed comes with a great price tag. My journey from Tokyo to Kyoto cost a whooping ¥13, 720 (~RM450) which was almost the same price as my flight ticket back to Malaysia. For this price, seats are already included.

DSC07229

DSC07231

DSC07233

The bullet train arrived exactly on the minute mark and left within seconds. If you are fractionally late, do prepare to burn your wallet for another ticket. The interior of the train feels pretty much like a aeroplane and the seats are rather comfortable.

DSC07238

DSC07248


It was a great experience to finally try out the famous Shinkansen. Maybe next time I would get the JR Rail Pass and I can hop in and out of the trains as I please. Kansai here I come!!

Previous: Tokyo Disney Sea Finale
Next: Khaosan Kyoto

Comments