Taiwan Trip 2012 -Hua Lien Nightmarkets (Nan Bin Garden 南濱公園夜市 & Zi Qiang 自強夜市)

After settling down in my room I then took the bicycle which was kindly borrowed by Lisa and headed off to my first destination of the night - Nan Bin night market. Cycling around in Hua Lien city seems pretty safe and it is quite the norm here as buses here are not that frequent compared to Taipei. If I attempted to cycle back in Petaling Jaya I might have died a brutal death.

DSC07309
My companion for the night

Okay back to the night market. Nan Bin is a good 20-30 minutes cycle away from my hostel. It is relatively easy to find the place if you know how to read a map and ask for directions. Otherwise, just take a cab. The starting price is at 100NTD though.

DSC07286

DSC07287

This night market is very very much smaller compared to the ones at Taipei. There are more food and game stalls compared to stalls that sell goods though. Nothing very interesting here to say the least, but since I was here already might as well have a look.

DSC07291

DSC07295
Rabbits for sale

DSC07301

Some of the food and drinks that I bought:

DSC07303
Cong You Biscuit. Basically its fried flour with lots of spring onions. I couldn't handle the taste and threw it away after a few bites D:

DSC07304
Banana drink

DSC07305

DSC07307

DSC07308
My main course for the night. Sizzling Black Pepper Pork Chop + Egg + Noodles. 100NTD

After hanging around for awhile I then headed back to my hostel and to the next night market, Zi Qiang. There's nothing here except food and more food. Unfortunately my stomach was already quite loaded hence I didn't try anything here. Prior to this I took the wrong turn and headed to the wrong direction for a good 15 minutes before realising I was lost before turning around LOL.

DSC07315

DSC07314

As I continued cycling back to my hostel I passed by this shopping mall. I guess it should be the largest mall in this city.

DSC07313

DSC07318
Finally spotted a ChaTime shop at Taiwan, despite its huge success here in Malaysia.

When I arrived nearby my hostel I couldn't remember which road to enter and I had to call Lisa for help LOL. It was stupid for me to leave all the documents and phone at my room. Thankfully there's free WiFi at a nearby 7-11 for me to search the hostel's telephone number otherwise I may have to sleep on the streets that night. Another enriching experience indeed.


Next: Taroke Gorge Tour
Previous: HuaLien 11 Hostel

Comments