Zhu Hai Trip 2012 - Jiuzhou Port (九洲港) to Hong Kong!

As mentioned in my earlier post that I have one free day in my itinerary so I decided board a ferry to Hong Kong instead! According to the ferry's schedule, the earliest ride to Hong Kong (China Ferry Terminal @ Tsim Sha Tsui,Kowloon) was at 8a.m so I wasted no time to get there from my hotel with a taxi.

DSC02061

Prior to this trip I have booked the tickets online at their website to ensure that I get seats since trips to Hong Kong are rather popular. To my utmost horror, the person at the counter told me I could only redeem the tickets at the Hong Kong office at not the ferry terminal. D: In my opinion this is quite stupid considering that the website offers sales of tickets of many places outside of Hong Kong and the only places to redeem those tickets are at Kowloon, Central (中環) and somewhere in Shanghai =_=. Without a choice I exchanged my Hong Kong dollars to Yuan with a shop to buy new tickets (175 yuan for 2 ways). The exchange rate was probably terrible but I didn't have much choice :( Thank goodness I was able to get a full refund when I arrived at Hong Kong. Quite a shocker early in the morning.

DSC02063

DSC02064

After settling my tickets I then proceeded to have my breakfast, at KFC. And yes I was looking for pork related food again =P

DSC02067

Along with a cup of soya bean, the whole set costed 17 yuan. I then proceeded to the departure hall to wait for my ferry. The entire set up and design looks pretty like an airport.

DSC02065

DSC02072


DSC02066

DSC02068

DSC02071


The ferry is huge!! Accommodating more than 300 people should be off no issue here. There are 3 types of seats available here, depending on the ferry company - normal, VIP and first class. I am guessing food and personal in-ferry entertainment will be available for those paying more. Hong Kong here I come! :D


Comments