Taiwan Trip 2012 - Taichung High Speed Railway (台中高鐵)

For my last two days in Taiwan, I headed to Sun Moon Lake. From Feng Jia district I took a free shuttle bus which brought me back to Taichung High Speed Railway and from there I boarded a bus which took me directly to Sun Moon Lake (one way about NTD200).

DSC07722
Place to wait for the shuttle bus. Be sure to be at the right direction! When in doubt, ask!


The design of the high speed rail is really like that of an airport. This was my first impression when I first stepped in the 'departure' and 'arrival' halls.

Taichung HSR 3

Taichung HSR 7
Big big windows and rows of chairs for waiting passengers

Taichung HSR 6

Taichung HSR 5
Very wide tracks. 

Taichung HSR 2
The train

Taichung HSR 4

Taichung HSR 1
View of outside when on the train

Adding on to that, I would also like to clarify that there now luggage storage facilities at these High Speed Rail stations (albeit quite limited). Before I left for Taiwan, forums such as Lonely Planet and Lowyat had told me that there was no place to store luggages but that information is obviously outdated now.

Taichung HSR 6

DSC08005
Charges are pretty reasonable

Also, a special mention to MOS burger! The rice burger is just nice! Wondering when will they open a branch in Malaysia. This shop could be found around Taiwan and not necessarily at this HSR.

DSC08006

DSC08007

DSC08021

I really hope that before I die I could see the development of a bullet train system in Malaysia. It is just so much more convenient for travellers to move in between states and reducing traffic jams on the roads, especially during festive seasons. 

Sun Moon Lake here I comeeeeee!








Comments