Langkawi Trip - Arrival & Malibest Resort

From the 6th-9th February I went to Langkawi for a long awaited holiday! :D In a nut shell I visited most of the tourist attractions and spent quite some amount of money as well. It is really an eye opener with its ups and downs but I certainly will return back to this beautiful island in the near future once more.

Alright moving on to the details:

DSC07908
Chinese New Year deco still on display at LCCT

I took a cab from Monash University at 1pm to LCCT which costed RM70 flat. There was no flight delay and i arrived at Langkawi Island right on scheduled time.

DSC07925
My plane.

DSC07926
Langkawi International Airport

My friend greeted us at the airport and handed me the rented car: a Nissan Sentra 1.6L. I paid RM180 for this for 4 days. Quite a bargain I must say, but this is an unlicensed car though. =X

DSC08225

From the airport we then headed to our place of accommodation which is the Malibest Resort, located at Pantai Cenang (Cenang Beach) which is only a 10 minute drive away from the airport.

DSC08322

DSC07942 
Reception

As I went during a low season, construction and renovation works were in abundance around the resort.

DSC08336

DSC08318 


There are many types of rooms available for rent but i opted for a Deluxe Suite facing the beach which costed RM190 per night, with 2 queen sized beds. The room was very spacious and it will be no problem putting 2 more extra beds. The rooms and toilets are clean and behind the resort itself is the famous Cenang Beach. A very good bargain I must say.

DSC07943

DSC08219
Big big room

You could also opt to stay on a tree.....

DSC08317

Other shots around the resort:

DSC08316

DSC08023

DSC08775

Comments

Ken said…
hi, may i know where you rent the car: a Nissan Sentra 1.6L. RM180 for this for 4 days at langkawi?

i plan to rent a car next month.
ZS said…
Hi I rented the car from a friend and it's without a proper rental license. I suggest you go through the proper ways to be safe >.<
vidhya said…
Thanks for the information... I really love your blog posts... specially those on Hotels in Chennai