Langkawi Trip - Oriental Village & Cable Car @ Gunung Mat Cincang

After leaving the wildlife park I made my to the Oriental Village (located near Pantai Kok) which is where the famous Langkawi cable car (Gunung Mat Cincang) is situated.One of the popular resorts located here is Berjaya Resorts and these lucky visitors don't have to travel far to get to this popular attraction.

As you make your way to the car park, you will be greeted by the very obvious entrance.

DSC08571

Some snapshots around the 'village'.  There is also another animal feeding place here but it's definitely not as fun as the one at the Langkawi Wildlife Park.

DSC08572

DSC08574

DSC08576

DSC08581
Swimming pool of some hotel.

Another interesting attraction in this place is a cafe which houses a life tiger! This is my first time seeing a tiger sooooo close to me. What's seperating me and getting eaten by that tiger is just that very thin glass. Managed to snap a shot :P

DSC08584
Big  kitty...


After the casual walkaround we went on to the counter to get our tickets. For Malaysians the ticket price is RM15 per person and the cable car ride closes at 8pm. Of course I stayed till the very last minute before coming down =P

DSC08573

DSC08586
The cable car station

In total there are 2 stops for the cable car ride. From the foot of the hill to the first peak. And from the first peak to the 2nd peak. A panoramic picture below illustrates my point better. Once you reach the 2nd peak only you can head over to the bridge.

DSC06452

The ride up to the station is really steep. I am amazed how those engineers somehow managed to even build this thing!

DSC08590

DSC08597

After about 10 minutes we reached the peak. Mind you the ride can be pretty bumpy as the carriage approaches the station.

DSC08606

At 625 metres above sea level, the temperature drops to about 16-18 degrees Celcius and it's absolutely refreshing and chilling.

The first thing that I did when i was to head over to bridge. Little did i know that I had to do steep climb down before i could reach my destination. Likewise, it's a steeper climb back up! Like what i said in my Pulau Dayang Bunting post, if you want to explore this place, better come when you are fit!

DSC08615

DSC08645
Stairways down and up

Views of the bridge:

DSC08642

DSC08618

DSC08608
View of the sea

DSC08649
View of the mountains

DSC08630
The view below @@

DSC08640

DSC08626
My two heroes. Risking their lives painting the bridge suspension.

After spending enough time on the bridge we headed back up to the second station and went up the platforms to get a higher view of the surroundings and a better view of the sunset with the view of the Andaman sea, which was why I chose to come this place at this time.


DSC08655

DSC08654

DSC08653
Another view below

DSC08671
The distance

After waiting until about 7.15pm, the sun finally turned into a orange egg yolk and slowly set.

DSC08667

DSC08673

DSC08696

DSC08681

DSC08701

DSC08706

I only left the place about 7.45pm. By that time all the tourists have gone down and i got to enjoy the cool breeze and exquisite all by myself with friends.

DSC08708
Good bye cable car. Will miss the weather up there. =/


Next: Langkawi trip - Harbour Point

Comments

Anonymous said…
Heyy, can I knw the price for RM 15..is it for the whole day?? cos I saw in a website, it says RM 15 (for Malaysians) is only from 5-7pm.
ZS said…
Hi anonymous.

Sorry not sure about that. But why are you NOT visiting the cable car between 5-7pm? That's the best time of the day to get to get the best view :)
Anonymous said…
Hey, I would like to ask aboout this. Is there any entrance fee to go in the Oriental Village, wildlife park and all? Do reply me through my email address pleaaase? Im dying for the information ; waves_yanjx@hotmail.com
ZS said…
Hey anonymous,

already replied to your email :)
Anonymous said…
Hi, pls reply to me too...
seirasyahmi@gmail.com
Thanks
Esther said…
Hi wish to ask how long is the journey to walk from cable car to sky bridge? Tqvm!
ZS said…
Hi Esther,

About 10 - 15 minutes :)
Anonymous said…
the cable car service stop @ 7pm, sunset is 7.30 mean i can only walk down without cable car?
ZS said…
The only way to go down is via cable car. Pray that the sun sets earlier haha!