Langkawi Trip - Go Kart Racing & Summary

And finally, my final stop at Langkawi Island before I board the plane back to Kuala Lumpur, the Morac International Karting Circuit! The go kart circuit is just only a stones throw away from the airport. The total length of the track is about 1km long and is a host to many go karting competitions.

DSC08907

DSC08909

DSC08911

At first I hesitated whether to drive or not since the fees is a whooping RM37 for 10 minutes, but what the heck since I am already at Langkawi, might as well.

DSC08910

Before getting on the track you'd have to sign an agreement and any damage to the go kart is entirely your responsibility.

DSC08912
Helmets

DSC08906
The karts

DSC08914
The karts and the track

DSC08917

DSC08915
In front of the drivers wheel

It is actually my first time driving a go kart which can go THIS fast. At 60km/h this go kart certainly beats the crap out of the fun kart racing you can get at Genting Highlands theme park. Flooring the accelerator pedal and attacking the corners at high speed ( though it's nothing compared against F1 racing) really gets your adrenaline pumping. There are certain moments that I thought the go kart was going to flip turtle after some heavy cornering but somehow i managed to keep the car steady and not spinning around.

DSC08919

Unfortunately during the start of the race, the hot engine oil came splashing out and this really irritated me and costed me some time. All in all this is a really enjoyable experience!



And....... this brings an end to my 4 days 3 nights Langkawi Trip series. I have visited most of the tourist attractions during this limited time and missed out a few, like the Mangrove tour and snorkelling at Pulau Payar. Thankfully this trip has more ups than downs and I certainly do enjoy it a lot and will be back one day. For the record i spent about RM800 for this trip including flight and accommodation.

Good bye Langkawi and thank you Air Asia for making this trip a lot more affordable for students like me. =)


Comments

FiSh said…
thanks for dropping by at my blog :) it's fun for having gokart here, but i've learnt something from you here, never wear white during such sport :P

Latest: Lovely Taste at 6
Unknown said…
Hi there, I am Anthony Teyo the Marketing the Manager for Shah Alam Go Karting. I am currently offering a package deal for 33mins of Go-Karts ride for RM100 per person. 3 sessions in total, 11 minutes per session. Our track is 1.17 KM per lap. Interested, kindly give me a call at 017-925 8088 or sent me an e-mail at ateyo96@gmail.com.